Urology Austin consists of established leaders from universities, hospital urology departments and private practices across Austin, the Southwest and United States. Serving the greater Austin area, including Round Rock, Lakeway, Cedar Park, Kyle, Marble Falls and Georgetown communities, some for nearly 40 years. Our highly-trained urologists are members and leaders of prestigious medical associations, and have earned national rankings among their peers and patients.
Our mission is to the commitment to improving the lives of patients and their families through compassionate, quality, and ethical care.
In choosing a career with Urology Austin, you are choosing to improve the lives of patients and their families through a collaborative team-driven approach in an innovative, quality-driven, community-based setting. Better Medicine. Better Care.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collections Specialist will serve as the centralized patient account liaison handling all external patient calls into the Billing Office. Specialties include Urology.
- Collections Specialist will be responsible for setting up financial arrangements with patients.
- Be responsible for researching and handling patient billing concerns, inquiries, rebilling and resolving patient complaints.
- Updates patient demographics and/or insurance updates and verification of benefits and co-payments.
- Contacts payers to determine payment status and resolve any non-payment or payment delay issues.
- Documentation of all collection efforts in a clear and detailed manner.
- Educating patients on their insurance policies (including deductibles, co-insurance amounts and billing requirements) and explain and understand EOBs.
- Works with payers to determine reasons for denials, corrects and reprocesses claims for payment in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of medical group practice collections experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance - HMO, PPO, EPO, Medicare, Indemnity, and Out-of-Network.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills along with good math skills, ability to read, understand and follow verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to navigate Health Plan websites.
- Working knowledge of computerized registration, billing, and collection procedures.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT coding.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Good phone etiquette.
- High levels of commitment to our communities, as well as the ability to be a self-starter, are required to succeed in this position.
- The ability to professionally communicate with doctor's offices, insurance companies, and families are essential.
Urology Austin offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees. Below are some of the benefits you may receive as an employee at Urology Austin.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays, No Weekends